Floyd Mayweather confirms Logan Paul fight is still being rescheduled as he gives update about potential venue for exhibition
Floyd Mayweather has confirmed that he is still planning to fight Logan Paul this year.
The 50-0 boxing legend initially announced his exhibition contest with the 0-1 YouTuber late last year, with it set to take place on February 20 as an online pay-per-view.
However, it was postponed and there has been little news since regarding what was going on with the event.
Earlier this year, Logan said that influential boxing adviser Al Haymon – who guided Floyd through much of his career – has taken the reigns.
He added that it will be shown by major US broadcaster Showtime who aired many of Mayweather’s biggest PPV fights.
Now, the boxing icon has posted an update of his own.
Confirming that plans are still being put in place for it to happen, Floyd put up a list of potential host cities on Instagram.
His post said: “These are the five cities at the top of the list for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight.
“Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta.”
He captioned this with a question for the fans: “Where do you guys think the fight should be?”
Last month, Mayweather explained why he is taking the fight.
Floyd told the Disruptive Entrepreneur podcast: “I can fight a fighter right now and I can guarantee myself $35million.
“I can eventually probably make $50million, for just a regular fight.
“Or me and Logan Paul can go out, entertain, have fun and make nine figures $100million or more.
“Everybody thinks that ‘retired’ means at home with your feet up and picking up weight.
“I prefer to go out, still entertain and have fun.
“Just because I still go out, entertain and have fun doesn’t mean that I still wanna fight for 12 rounds.
“I think we’ve got a six-round exhibition. I think it’s gonna be very entertaining for the people, I think people are gonna love it.
“$35million for 12 rounds or $100million for six rounds – big difference.”