Logan Paul has confirmed that his exhibition fight with Floyd Mayweather is being postponed, though insisted it’s still going to happen.
Rumours broke on social media last week after a quickly deleted Instagram post from a coach suggested that the event would be pushed back from the original February 20 date.
Some even claimed that the fight would be cancelled entirely due to ‘lack of interest’, though Paul has insisted this is not the case.
Logan explained on The Night Shift Gaming: “I’ve been a little upset with the narrative I’m seeing online, a little f***ing upset, so I’ll clear this up.
“It’s just stupid. A guy who we had come to test to be a strength and conditioning coach leaked information about the fight.
“As soon as this got out, he said that the fight was being pushed [back], I said, ‘F*** we’ve had a leak from inside our camp, no-one else was supposed to know that.’
“Then the narrative changed to, ‘Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul fight postponed due to lack of interest.’
“Lack of interest? What the f***? There’s not be a fight that’s made this much noise the whole year.”
Regarding what happens next, the YouTuber added: “But yeah, we’re figuring it out now.
“There was some complications with – actually, I don’t know how much I can say.
“I’ll say this – the complications are when you are dealing with someone like Floyd Mayweather who is the most desired, highest paid fighter on the planet and he operates at a certain calibre, and the people around him want to make sure their talent, their fighter is performing at a certain level, there are a lot hoops to jump through.
“There a lot of people involved and you’ve only got one shot at it so you need to get it absolutely 1,000 per cent right.
“We’re just making sure we’re doing that. But yeah, I’m still going to beat the s*** out of Floyd Mayweather.
“Or, maybe he’s going to beat the s*** out of me, who knows? The point is it’s still going to happen.”