Queen’s ‘fingerprints won’t be found’ on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘mess’ | Royal | News

0

Royal author Clive Irving made the comments as Buckingham Palace confirmed this week it will investigate claims Meghan Markle bullied royal staff. In response to the allegations made against her, the Duchess of Sussex said she was “saddened” and it was the “latest attack on her character”.

The claims come just days before Prince Harry and Meghan’s highly anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey is set to air in the US and UK.

Speaking to the Mirror, Mr Irving explained how the Queen has always put the monarchy first.

He said: “Above everything is her desire to preserve the monarchy.

“And the monarch isn’t the monarchy, the monarchy is the institution.

“She understands that the monarch serves the institution.

“It’s astonishing that the Queen has been able to hold together the institution for as long as she has.

“She’s gone through some important and visible changes, and each of the changes has been driven by the way she’s handled particular crises.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex decided to step back as senior members of the Royal Family last year.

In February, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Meghan and Harry will not be returning as working members of the Firm.

READ MORE: Royal Family LIVE: Meghan interview WILL go ahead after Philip surgery

“I suspect that is how she wants it. If the monarch is untouched, the monarchy will survive.”

Meghan and Harry’s interview with US chat show legend Oprah Winfrey is expected to be “intimate” and “wide-ranging”, discussing their experiences as members of the Royal Family.

The “primetime” interview will be aired in the UK on Monday 8 March at 9pm on ITV.

Buckingham Palace released a statement this week after the Times published a story that Meghan faced a bullying complaint in October 2018 during her time at Kensington Palace.

The statement read: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in the Times following claims made by former staff of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

“Accordingly, our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

“The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

A spokesman for Meghan said in a statement: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”





Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.