Team talkSPORT enters Racing League… Alan Brazil to manage line-up including Hollie Doyle in exciting new horse racing competition with £2million up for grabs
Racing League and talkSPORT are delighted to announce that talkSPORT are to become a principal partner of a team in this year’s inaugural Racing League.
Team talkSPORT will be made up of trainers Michael Bell, James Fanshawe, Ed Dunlop and Roger Varian.
Team jockeys Holly Doyle, Jack Mitchell and Cieren Fallon Jnr will ride in black colours and the team will be managed by talkSPORT legends Alan Brazil and Rupert Bell.
Rupert Bell said: “I am really looking forward to being part of the inaugural racing league season. This is a very exciting initiative for the sport and I’m delighted to be managing the talkSPORT team. As manager it should be fun particularly trying to tell my brother Michael what to do. I am not sure he will listen to me.
“talkSPORT are determined to ensure this first season is a great success… let’s hope the talkSPORT team delivers the goods.”
Head of talkSPORT, Lee Clayton, said: “talkSPORT will capture all the excitement of the Racing League, which is shaping up to be a big moment for the sport.
“Horse Racing is certainly a passion for many of our listeners and presenters, so I’m sure Team talkSPORT will be a force to be reckoned with on the course! We are all looking forward to partnering with a top tier tournament full of fun and entertainment for our listeners.”
Racing League’s Oli Harris commented: “talkSPORT are a dream partner for us. They will add a huge amount of personality to the competition, and provide a huge platform with which to tell the story of Racing League throughout the Summer. We’re looking forward to working with Alan, Rupert and the rest of the team!”
Racing League begins on July 29 at Newcastle Racecourse, and continues every Thursday until the finale on September 2 . For more on Racing League visit the website here.
talkSPORT will broadcast all Racing League races live, with the first race of each meeting broadcast live on talkSPORT, and the remaining 5 races played out on talkSPORT 2.
The Racing League
Heres how it will all work…
12 teams will participate in the Racing League, which will consist of 36 handicap races, taking place over 6 weeks.
Each team consists of:
- Trainers – minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4
- 3 jockeys – who will ride exclusively for one team during the competition
- A squad of 30 horses – ‘squad reshuffle’ in Week 4 for fresh legs
- Team Manager – who will decide team selection for each race
- Each meeting will have 6 races
- All races are handicap races open to horses 3 years old and above with a handicap rating of 0-90
- A team will enter one runner in each race
- Each race has a guaranteed field of 12 runners
- £50k prize money per race – paid to owners/trainers/jockeys
- £1.8m prize money is up for grabs in total, equalling £50k for each race
- This money is distributed to owners, trainers, jockeys etc as per standard BHA distribution
- The Racing League champions will also receive a winning team bonus
- Each team will have a fan ambassador, or ‘Super Fan’, who will also win big if their team wins the Racing League